Mother’s Day Interview

by Amy on May 5, 2009

I am always jotting down the cute, silly, and unbelievable things my kids say, aren’t you? For the last few years, I have been lucky to receive Mother’s Day cards made at preschool that include my girls’ answers to questions about me. I just love seeing myself through their eyes — sometimes their answers are right-on and other times I wonder if we live in the same house!

Here are the prompts from last year’s card – do the interview yourself or have your hubby or a friend do it! I’m including Delaney’s answers, too, because they are so lovely and adorable. I can’t wait to see what she says this year!

mothersday_card

My Mom

I really love it when my mom helps me do a puzzle.

My mom likes to wear clothes.

My mom always tells me, “Delaney, did you clean the house?”

The best thing she does is cleaning.

It makes her happy when hugs and kisses.

My mom loves to relax by laying in bed.

I like it when she plays doll house with me. The new doll house!

The best thing she cooks is noodles with sauce.

When my mom shops she likes to buy bananas.

My mom’s favorite household chore is cleaning the tank for the fishes.

My mom’s favorite TV show is grown-up TV shows like cooking shows.

If she could go on a trip, she would go to get the mail and would take the wagon with me in it.

I love my mom because she comes to school with me!

Who knew I was so into cleaning… :) Happy interviewing!

Melissa May 5, 2009 at 6:12 am

I love your card ideas! We are doing these today and sending them off to grandma. Thanks!

Melissa A May 5, 2009 at 6:32 am

What a wonderful idea!

MommyAmy May 5, 2009 at 3:42 pm

That’s such a cute idea!

aimee May 6, 2009 at 5:21 am

so cute. My daughter’s precschool does this too, and they put together a little cookbook of their favorite recipes and how they think it is made. so funny. It would be fun to interview the kids about their Grandmas and give the cards to them for Mother’s Day.

Catherine May 6, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I think this is a lovely idea. I’m going to try it – it will be worth having even if I’ve organised it myself.

Rachel May 6, 2009 at 1:06 pm

What a fun idea, the answers are so precious. I’ll be linking.

Robyn May 9, 2009 at 9:40 pm

This is so adorable! I’m having my kids do it for Grandma tomorrow!

Janice May 11, 2009 at 8:23 am

Nothing is as sweet as what our kids say- Delaney’s answers are adorable. I’m a new reader to your blog and I’m enjoying every minute of exploring your posts. Thanks for the great & inspiring ideas! Come by my blog for a visit- I’ve got an award for you!

momma snail May 16, 2009 at 12:26 am

This is so very precious! Delaney’s perception of who her momma is is so cute. You’re a cleaning fool! This definitely needs to make its way into the keepsake box. It will be fun to compare her answer each year.

Ashlie April 30, 2010 at 12:29 pm

I did this interview last year (from seeing it mentioned on ChasingCheerios.blogspot.com) with my then 3 year old. I plan to do it again this year for Mother’s Day (gift to myself) ;-) and post a link to this idea next week, of course leading credit to your site. Is that okay?