Happy New Year’s Eve! I gave my girls planning power for tonight’s activities – it sounds like we are eating nachos and chocolate fondue, playing games, watching a movie, and trying really, really hard to stay awake until midnight!
I’ve added in a few of my own suggestions to mark the ending of 2009 – I think the girls will oblige me!
1. Our Fourth Annual New Year’s Interviews – I ask the girls the same basic list of questions, type up their answers, and have them decorate their page with a self-portrait, photo, handprint, etc. It is so fun to look back at what they said each year! I posted about this last year at Blissful Kids, and you can see our list of questions in that post.
2. Year-in-Review Slide Show – We have been going through our photos for the year (on the computer) and creating a slide show of our favorites. We do this in iPhoto and it is SO easy! We’ll burn it to a DVD so we can watch it on the TV tonight and in years to come. (This activity also helps reduce my guilt about being behind on printing photos and scrapbooking!)
3. Making 2010 Calendars - This past year, the girls have really enjoyed having their own calendars with birthdays, special events, ballet classes, etc. marked on them. We’ll spend some time tonight working on new calendars. I have found a few fun resources for kids’ calendars – I’ll let the girls decide what they want to make!
- There is a cute (and free) printable coloring calendar at Lakeshore Learning. Just click where it says “Free 2010 Calendar!” to download the pdf.
- Disney Magic Artist has a calendar creator where you can add black and white Disney character pictures to the top of the calendar page.
- The girls have a lot of artwork laying around – we could glue each month onto a piece of artwork for a colorful calendar.
- Last year, the girls received these Make Your Own Calendars as gifts. They came with a bunch of stickers for marking special days, which the girls LOVED!
Here’s to a happy, healthy, and playful 2010!