We did a wide variety of activities to go-along with our reading of Jack and Jill, but the girls’ absolute favorite was rolling Jack and Jill down a hill!
We printed the Jack and Jill puppets at Homeschool Share (scroll down to J), colored them, and attached them to cylinder-shaped blocks. (You could also use cardboard tubes.)
Our ramp set-up included a white board, a stack of books, and a measuring tape. We added and removed books to change the incline and we put a piece of felt on the ramp to see what effect it would have. We had a great time experimenting with ramps and measuring distances!
Other activities we did:
- Jack & Jill Coloring Page @PreKinders
- Writing prompt: Jack and Jill went up the hill to…
- Word Families: -ill and -ack
- Journal prompt: What do you like to do by yourself? What do you like to do with a partner?
- Wishing Well Wishes
- Weighing buckets of items
- Water activities
For more nursery rhyme fun, check out our Humpty Dumpty activities. Happy playing!