Rainbow Poems

by Amy on March 10, 2010

We have been having a crazy mix of rain and sun (and hail!) – just the perfect weather for rainbow-hunting!  With rainbows on our mind, I gave the girls this simple rainbow poem coloring sheet:

Natalie decided to make her poem about rainbow-colored fruit, and Delaney was using Lois Ehlert’s Planting a Rainbow for rainbow flower inspiration.

Here are the finished products – I love them!

I’m sure you and your kids could draw this yourself (and probably better than mine!), but if you want something ready-made, you can print my rainbow poem coloring sheet.

Speaking of rainbows, have you seen the awesome rainbow birthday party at Pink and Green Mama?  There are two posts full of rainbow goodness:  Decor & Snacks and Craftivities.  Good stuff!

You might also be interested in last year’s post about rainbow activities – I guess it’s becoming an annual tradition! :)

Happy Playing!

pink and green mama MaryLea March 11, 2010 at 5:03 am

So fun!! We’ll be doing this one for sure ; )

pink and green mama MaryLea March 11, 2010 at 5:04 am

I may just print some out to take to First Grade today when I deliver our Rainbow Jello snacks!! (just posted)

Amy March 17, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I hope the first-graders enjoyed making rainbow poems! :)

TopazTook March 11, 2010 at 6:59 pm

I think we’ll use it as part of our rainbow-themed St. Patrick’s Day activities next week — my three-year-old has been coloring a lot of rainbows lately!

Zoe @ Playing by the book March 13, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Planting a rainbow is such a lovely book isn’t it? Every year I mean to actually plant a rainbow, but I always find it difficult to get a bunch of bulbs that will flower at the same time across all the colours. Do you have any tips?

Amy March 17, 2010 at 5:59 pm

I usually end up relying on annuals for color. I love planting bulbs, but I agree with you – the flowering is unpredictable!