Gift Idea: Book Series Sampler

by Amy on November 2, 2010

Book Series Sampler - Gift for Kids | Let's Explore

Natalie loves reading book series – she’s just like me! I am always looking for new series that will interest her and thought a book series sampler would be a great gift idea for many kids (and even adults) on my list.

To make a book series sampler, just gather the first book of 3-5 different series that you think the gift recipient might like. Tie a big ribbon around the stack of books or tuck them into a tote bag for on-the-go reading.

You could also include a bookstore gift card for purchasing the next book in a favorite series.

Here are some chapter book series for kids to get you started:

Beginner Chapter Books

Mystery Series

Princesses, Fairies, and Other Girl Stuff

Classics

For Older Readers

Do you know a young reader that might enjoy a book series sampler like this? Feel free to chime in with your own kids’ chapter book series suggestions, too – the more the merrier! :)

Michele November 3, 2010 at 4:29 am

Betsy-Tacy is a must! Those will carry a little girl all the way to adulthood, too.

Rebecca at Toothwhale November 3, 2010 at 10:14 am

This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing it.

Christy November 3, 2010 at 5:20 pm

We like the old Raggedy Ann chapter books, Winnie the Pooh, Haffertee Hamster books, and In Grandma’s Attic. :)

Erin November 4, 2010 at 12:27 pm

I always love your book recommendations. We’ve read all the Mercy Watson books (thanks to your suggestion) and my 5 year old loves them! I was excited to see that they can be bought as a gift set on Amazon.

Wendy @ Living Creatively November 5, 2010 at 9:07 am

Love this idea! Books are the best gifts.
My daughter likes the Marguerite Henry books, the Thoroughbred series (there are 72 books!), and Janette Oke books.
And my oldest son just loves to read about dinosaurs and Star Wars. :)

Light November 5, 2010 at 2:07 pm

All over this one!!! What a great and easy gift for the kiddos in our lives! Thanks for sharing

Two Chicks and a Hen November 5, 2010 at 6:49 pm

This is a really great idea. I’m doing something similar for my preschooler this Christmas, and I have a couple of the books in the photo. And since mine all come from the thrift store, they’re worn in the same way :) .

Andria November 17, 2010 at 7:09 am

Thanks for this great idea!! My sister just told me my nephew wants to start reading chapter books!! I knew just what to give him. Thanks again!