Ways to Play in March

by Amy on March 1, 2011

Post image for Ways to Play in March

Hello, March! We’ll be counting down the days till spring – how about you? We’re looking forward to more sunshine, working in the garden, walking to the park, and building leprechaun traps. What’s on your March want-to-do list?

My 10 Ways to Play in March idea sheet is ready to download!

From pretend play to open-ended art to math you can eat, this month’s download is ready to inspire creative playtime in your house. Enjoy!

Are you enjoying these monthly play ideas? I hope they are inspiring you to try some new things, revisit some old favorites, and play a whole bunch!

A big thanks to those of you who have commented or sent an e-mail to let me know you are using and enjoying these ideas – I appreciate the positive feedback!

Download 10 Ways to Play in March.

Let’s play everyday!

Gabreial March 1, 2011 at 8:27 am

I LOVE these and so does my 1st grader. we had a picnic in the living room last week and made marshmallow structures. It is especially great for a mom/teacher like me who isn’t very creative.

Thanks so much!

Amy March 1, 2011 at 2:23 pm

So glad you are enjoying them!

Joy March 1, 2011 at 9:38 am

Thanks so much for sharing these each month. They are so helpful to my daughter when she says she doesn’t know what to do we refer to list that hangs on the refrigerator. I am even thinking of starting a binder with each month in them so we can go back and do some old favorites too. Thanks again…happy playing to you and your little ones too!

Amy March 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm

A binder is a great idea! My 8-year-old was just asking me for copies of all the months so she could make a book of ideas. Thanks for letting me know you are enjoying them!

Teresa Clark March 1, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Love these so much. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

Amy March 1, 2011 at 2:25 pm

You are very welcome – have fun!

Melissa March 1, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I’m so glad you’re doing more! Great ideas!

Amy March 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Thanks, Melissa! :)

jessica March 1, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I am thrilled with your playful ideas. I am sharing them monthly with other homeschooling moms. I would love to have a “button” to link to the playful ideas from my blog. :)

Amy March 2, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Hi Jessica – I’m so glad you are finding the monthly downloads “share-worthy.” I’ll see what I can do about a button… :)

jessica March 12, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Thanks! :)

Lisa March 1, 2011 at 9:25 pm

We love these! Thank you so much for doing them. Especially on the days that I didn’t sleep well (our younger kiddo hasn’t gotten the hang of sleeping at night yet), seeing ideas on the fridge are a HUGE help and the mix of ideas are great (we played zoo the other day). It’s also motivated me to jot down other ideas and post on the fridge for the moments (ahh, if only they were just moments) when I’m not able to think of something on the spot and also include ideas for the younger one (a toddler).

Anyway, please know these are VERY appreciated as is the entire site!!

Amy March 2, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Hi Lisa – I’m so glad you are enjoying the ideas and that this is inspiring you to keep your own list. I do the same thing! Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

Amie March 8, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas. We’ve had fun and they have helped us through the long cold winter!

Kiasa March 12, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I am in love with your Ways to Play series. My 4yr old often looks at the sheet, hanging on the fridge, and asks, “What does #__ say?”. Or, “Can we do #__ today?”. Thank you! We are loving it!

Katie April 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I printed the March sheet and put it on the fridge. My six-year-old saw it and said “I could make a carnival with all of these!” She set up all the stations herself. Thanks for helping us play!

Gaia March 7, 2012 at 7:38 am

delightful ideas ~ passing them along for my grandchildren

sydnee March 19, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I just found your site on pinterest! I am thrilled and appreciate all the hard work! I love the play printables and the book list. I will be using this as a solid resource for my kiddos. thank you thank you.