Painting rocks is fun, and turning painted rocks into cute critters is even more fun! Why not make a bunch of love bug pet rocks with your kids? Here’s the simple how-to:
• Head outside and find a perfect rock.
• Paint your rock and let it dry. We use acrylic paints for the best coverage.
• Glue on heart-shaped wings cut from paper, craft foam, felt, or fabric. (A grown-up can help with cutting!)
• Add some googly eyes or draw eyes with a marker.
• For some sparkle, paint your bug with a thin layer of glue, then sprinkle with glitter. Or, use glitter glue pens like we did.
• Give your love bug to someone you love!
Enjoy your weekend!