Father’s Day is almost here! One of our favorite types of homemade cards to make are ones with mini-interviews, where I ask the girls to tell me about Daddy’s favorite things or what they love about him. It’s always fun to hear the silly and sweet things they say. Plus, these are quick and easy for last-minute gift-making.
When Natalie was around 2 1/2, we made this simple paper bag book together. We wrote sentences about what she liked and what Daddy liked, such as “I like macaroni and cheese. Daddy likes Cheerios.” and “I like to swing. Daddy likes to push me.” Really easy and fun – you could also glue on some photos.
We made a 30 Things We Love About You accordion book for Daddy’s birthday a few years ago, but this would make a great Father’s Day gift too. The girls were little, so I did most of the actual creating, with some words from me, and some quotes from Natalie too.
The girls made interview cards at preschool this year too. Delaney dictated answers to fill-in-the-blank questions:
- My dad loves to cook _______________.
- If he could go on a trip, he would go ___________.
- When my dad shops, he loves to buy ____________.
- I really love it when my dad _____________.
- His favorite chore is ___________.
- Daddy always tells me ____________.
- My dad loves to relax by ___________.
- It makes him happy when I ___________.
My favorite answer from these questions is “Daddy always tells me to clean the floor.” :)
- Natalie’s card had 6 questions:
- What is a father?
- What does he do?
- What does he look like?
- What are his favorite things?
- What is the best thing he does? (Natalie said “Hug me and love me.”)
- What makes him happy?
Kids’ words are so precious! Hope you have fun making something special for Dad or Grandpa.
Happy Father’s Day!